Educational simulations and games about diseases and medical responses to maladies. These resources are intended for educational use; DO NOT use them to obtain medical advice! I have just started this list and plan to add to it throughout the spring of 2020. This list is a subset of my larger list of simulations, games and virtual labs for STEM education.
- Creator: DryGin Studios
- Cost: free app for iOS and Android mobile devices; $13 for Windows version on Steam
- Creator: Z-Man Games
- Cost: $40
- Creator: Rice University Center for Technology in Teaching and Learning & School Mathematics Project
- Cost: free
Here are more items and lists I’ve discovered. I have not yet vetted these or written reviews about them. Use at your discretion.
- Biotix 2: Phage Evolution (iOS app)
- Infection Protection (iOS app)
- Bacterial Takeover – Idle Game (iOS app)
- Cambridge Infectious Diseases – list of games
- Five Games To Play After Watching Contagion (Smithsonian)
- Outbreak, the Game (AAAS) possibly old, 2012
- Check for examples done using: Scratch, Logo or NetLogo or StarLogo (or StarLogo Nova), AgentSheets or AgentCubes, Etoys, Tynker